47Pitches is for accredited investors and startup projects (collectively "Users") exclusively. We are not a broker dealer and we do not offer investment advice or brokerage services. Projects posted on our site should be considered highly risky and speculative. By using the site, users agree to bear any and all risks associated with any investments, information disclosures, equity awards, or any other transactions or interactions they engage in as a result of their use of the site or its affiliates—whether on the platform or in subsequent interactions or activities they engage in after using the site.
47Pitches uses “Pitch Contests” (“Contests”) to connect groups of investors with groups of startup projects. Contests involve investors screening, evaluating and rating the projects in each Contest—activities that require open exchange of information and communication about each project. Winning projects receive a ranking based on investor votes. They may also receive community-based feedback on aspects of their project that can be useful to build their development and funding efforts. Investors may also use rankings and feedback as metrics for investment in projects, either contemporaneously with the conclusion of the Contest, or at a future date. Unless you request otherwise, the Site may, at its sole discretion, use rankings and business profiles of contestant projects or investors in promotional activities, including on social media. If you prefer not to have your information used for such purposes it is your responsibility to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our goal is to help great projects become successful and accelerate their growth by connecting them to investors and mentors. We use a unique process of community rating, ranking and feedback, along with small equity incentives, to help a promising project achieve greater exposure to the investor community. This process may also fast track funding by providing feedback, a ranking metric, initial ownership by investors interested in projects, and an optional online community mentorship program.
This approach also helps investors more efficiently screen, rank, and connect with projects that they may want to fund.
These processes provide an expedited and more efficient path to connecting great investors with great projects—but as with any validating or funding process, they require substantial information disclosure and open communication between both the project sponsors and the investors in order to achieve the goals of both the platform and its users. Where possible we attempt to provide for confidentiality safeguards, including NDA firewall options for project sponsors who want to discuss confidential aspects of their projects privately. However, 47Pitches cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any information users post on its site. Users are strongly encouraged to use discretion in any disclosures or communications, on or off the platform, including any subsequent communications with entities they have connected with on the Site. By using the Site, you agree to assume full responsibly for any use, damage, regulatory requirements, or adverse results from information disclosures you make on the site, or from your interactions with other site users.
Users have the right to request removal of their personality identifiable information from the site and to have the site discontinue any publication of their personally identifiable information by contacting us by email email@example.com. We cannot, however, guarantee removal of non-personally identifiable information that has already been published or indexed by search engines or other web or print methods. We will not remove non-personally identifiable information such as statistics, analysis, or projections. As a practical matter, Contest results and related information will not be altered or removed once announced, even if they include disclosure of personally identifiable information about projects or investors.
47Pitches is a community-based rating and ranking system that uses incentive rewards—typically equity, equity-like instruments including SAFEs (‘Simple Agreement for Future Equity’) or future equity rights to engage and reward investors, industry experts or advisors for rating and mentoring startup projects. While Users are free to negotiate funding or adoption agreements with other Users that they meet on our site, we do not act as a funding intermediary, placement agent or advisor, or Funding Portal. We are NOT a registered Broker Dealer or Funding Portal as defined by the SEC or FINRA. We do not engage in offering investment advice or making recommendations; soliciting purchases, sales or offers to buy securities; compensating promoters and other persons for solicitations; or the sale of securities. We do not hold, possess, or handle investor funds or securities. We do not review, vet, or recommend either the projects or the investors that use our Site. Use of feedback and community rankings, as part of a more comprehensive due diligence process that may lead to funding or other arrangements, is at your own risk.
This site is for the exclusive use of accredited and sophisticated investors and projects seeking to connect with them. In the event that investors and projects conclude funding transactions with users they connect with on the site, it is the sole responsibility of both parties to ensure that any funding transitions are in accordance and compliance with all applicable regulations or exceptions.
For purposes of this Agreement, "Site" refers to the Company's website, which can be accessed at www.47Pitches.IO, or 47Pitches.com
"Service" refers to the Company’s services accessed via the Site, in which users can participate in Project Contests ("Contests") as:
- Project Sponsors who post projects to be vetted and ranked; or
- Accredited Investors or Project Adopters or end users, who can review, vote on, and rank Projects; or
- Other third parties, including Site employees, interns, advocates, industry domain experts, financial advisors or other people associated with the process of validating, rating, mentoring or funding Projects posted on the 47Pitches platform.
The terms "we," "us," and "our" refer to the Company.
"You" refers to you, as a user of our Site or Service.
Information we collect
We collect "Non-Personal Information" and "Personal Information."
Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit, and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
Personal Information may include your email, name, business affiliations, financial accreditation—including information that we require you to provide to confirm that you are an accredited investor, capable of making sophisticated high-risk investment decisions and withstanding the risk of total loss of any investments that you source through our site—plus other aspects of your financial status, investment experience, holdings, and risk tolerance.
If you are a Project Sponsor, information you disclose may include: business plans; pitches (including pitch decks, risk analysis, financial projections); user statistics (including on-boarding history, plans and target markets); IP address; and other potentially sensitive information. By using our site, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any information you choose to disclose on any areas of our site or its affiliate sites or any disclosures you make to parties you are introduced to on the site, including investors, other project sponsors, advisors or other parties. We strongly encourage you to either:
- Refrain from disclosing highly sensitive information that could jeopardize your market position or future success of your project, or
- Request a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) from any parties to whom you choose to disclose such information, before making sensitive disclosures.
47Pitches will use its best efforts to help you protect your information from abuse, including providing NDA firewalls for some information posted on the site. IMPORTANTLY, we cannot assure that any measure we take will protect your information for misuse or republication without your authorization. Therefore, we recommend that you fully consider the risks of posting sensitive information, seek legal counsel to draft your own NDAs as necessary, and carefully choose what information you disclose and to whom you disclose it, both on and off our Site.
Places where your personally identifiable information or IP may be exposed
- Your business profile, which can be open to the public.
- The community discussion board on our site, or possibly on external sites in the event that other members decide—beyond our control—to discuss your project.
- In data exposed to vendors, developers, server facilities, regulators, external or internal technicians, or as part of legal proceedings or court-ordered disclosures.
- Your Pitch form, which allows you to tier your information and provide an NDA firewall for information that you want seen only by those users who execute either our standard NDA or one that you provide to include any specific terms or protections.
- Directory listings of projects on our site or on social media, including listings of winning or participating projects, current projects to be voted on, past contestants and other listings or promotions that the Site views as beneficial to its business or community and Users.
- Promotional material, including social media, PR, and other promotions that our Site might use to help promote your project or attract broader investors or project participation and engagement. If your project is used in any of our promotional activities, you have the right to request use to refrain from using it.
- Communications or postings by Users outside of the Site’s control.
We may collect and store the following personally identifiable information: Your address, date of birth, marital status, contact information, financial status, investment experience and preferences, project status, history, business plans, legal and incorporation details, which you submit to us through the registration process at the Site or through other interactions you have with the site and/or other users who you interact with. Additionally, other Users may post information or commentary about your project that we do not review or curate, in areas of the site that are exposed to public viewing.
The Company may use both persistent and session cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser. [For example, we store a persistent cookie to track log-in status]. Most browsers offer user options to avoid or remove cookies either manually or by global settings. If you are concerned about tracking cookies or other methods used by the Site, we suggest you adjust your browser settings and/or manually remove such items after visiting our Site. However, some processes used for your convenience may be disrupted by the removal of these devices.
Information you provide to us by registering an account
The Site and the Service are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18 (or older, if further restricted in your country of residency). The Site does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 18, or allow anyone under the age of 18 to sign up for the Service. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 18, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are under the age of 18 but have a great project that you’d like to enter into one of our contests, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
How we use and share information
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us, and other Site users, to communicate with you or evaluate you as a project sponsor or investor. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers, new contests or contest results, and to verify voting at contest termination. We may also use your personal information to verify your investment credentials and experience to ensure you qualify to participate in a Contest, or to confirm certain information about your project and/or its team with respect to anti-money laundering (AML), anti-fraud or other precautionary measures.
How we protect information
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls, and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks. As mentioned previously, it is your responsibility to decide how much information to disclose about your project or investment activities beyond that required by us to facilitate a Contest. If you choose to restrict your disclosures you may not benefit fully from our features and processes, and it may impact on your competitive ability to win Contests either as a project sponsor or investor.
Your rights regarding the use of your personal information
Links to other websites
Decentralized decision-making and governance policy
We will, however, endeavor to engage our members for collective advice and policy matters where possible. If you have suggestions or feedback that you would like to submit for community vote or management consideration, please do not hesitate to submit them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
European (EU) users
You have the right under this Privacy and Cookies Policy, and by law if you are within the EU, to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. If you are within the EU, this enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right, if you are within the EU, to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to processing of your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. If you are within the EU, we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent. This right only exists where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data ("Consent Withdrawal"). If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to the certain specific functionalities of our Site. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
How to exercise your rights. If you want to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us using the contact details in the Contact Us section.
We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can.
How to contact us: